publication date: Apr 7, 2011
author/source: Leanne Hitchcock
Suitable for nonprofit leaders at all stages of their career, The Executive Director's Guide to Thriving as a Nonprofit Leader helps break down the multitude of components involved in the role of Executive Director into manageable chunks.
Practical and thought-provoking, this book covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Finding balance in the role of E.D.
- The importance of understanding your organization's culture
- Embracing your organization's values
- Creating a vision
- Determining organizational effectiveness
- Understanding change
- Nurturing relationships
- Leading an organization
- Engaging stakeholders
- Preparing for leadership transition
This guide also provides suggestions for finding inspiration in day-to-day challenges:
- Remember those individuals who have been mentors to you, or who have inspired you with their work as an E.D. Think about what these people might do if they were in your shoes right now, and let them inspire you again.
- Have a staff retreat where people can talk about what inspires, motivates and empowers them. Share your own thoughts and benefit from the group's inspiration.
- Take yourself on a day-long retreat that has you answering questions like: What inspires me? What is blocking my ability to be inspired? What can I do about those barriers?
Order your copy of The Executive Director's Guide to Thriving as a Nonprofit Leader for just $42.